Saturday, November 28, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I know I can't come up with another 100 things that I'm grateful for, in addition to the ones I mentioned last year, but I'm willing to at least try for 10 more.

1. The Lime - he just recently started getting the hiccups (which the Dr. says is a good thing...it means he's swallowing. Gross but good) and is as wiggly as ever. Last Sunday, he was sideways and you could clearly make out his head and either his bum or feet. LaVor got so excited, which made me excited.

2. The carpool lane - it's nice to be able to drive by the parking lot of cars on the way to work.

3. My glasses - I can definitely tell that my sight isn't like it used to be and I need my glasses more this year than I did a year ago.

4. Modern medicine - there's a reason why I'm alive and it's 2009. Why not take advantage of this blessing?

5. Moisturizer - my skin is naturally dry (reason why #100 is lotion on last years list) but my face has become extremely dry while being pregnant. Moisturizer doesn't cure it but it certainly helps.

6. The experiences that LaVor and I have shared - a couple of months ago, I was reminiscing about the exciting/fun/once in a lifetime things I've done and a majority have been with LaVor.

7. Certain patients at work - most of the time, they're pleasant. Other times, they make me mad. Once, I even cried. But there's 1 elderly couple that couldn't be any cuter. They don't come in often but when they do, the husband reaches over the counter to pat my hands. They were so excited when they found out I was pregnant. I always enjoy seeing them.

8. Grace and her face when she gets excited - She looks like a little Chinese baby.


9. Umbrellas - The weather people on the news are rarely accurate with their predictions. Yesterday being one of those days. They said there would be a chance of light scattered showers...there was nothing light about them. I didn't bring my umbrella with me and had to use my scarf to cover my bangs. It obviously didn't work as well as an umbrella would have.

10. My butt pillow - I need to use a pillow at night, propped under my buns, so my lower back doesn't ache. I usually don't need it all night, just in the beginning, but it makes sleeping that much easier.

1 comment:

Alex McMurray said...

I'm thankful for many of the same things as you, except #6. :) Excited to meet the Lime and I love Grace's excited, smiley face. One of my very favorite things.