Monday, November 2, 2009

On This Day, 7 Years Ago


We went up to Old Sacramento with LaVor's family, to celebrate his nephew's birthday. That same nephew turned 10 today. I was 18, LaVor was 23.

We got up there early so we could have lunch with my Grandma. We ate at Jack In The Box and my chicken sandwich was awful but I felt obligated to eat it, since Grandma paid for it and she hates to waste things.

I still have that purple shirt but wear it under scrub tops. I feel good knowing that it was even too short on me then, yet I still wore it.

That was also the day that my Grandma commented on my "mosquito bites" (a.k.a. small boobs). Apparently she was flat chested as well and told us how her brothers referred to her boobs as mosquito bites, since they were apparently the same size.

4 comments:

Katie May said...

Aww, I love how you can always count on your family to point out your most "distinguishing" features.


That's a fun memory! I can't believe that we're old enough to say "7 years ago" and have that be part of our adult lives. Weird.

Washington Family said...

You have some crazy good memory! I loved this post, too funny! Being prego, I bet they're not mosquito bites anymore! Ha!

Alex McMurray said...

The good ol' Crown Victoria. Gotta love Grandma's cars. :)

leah said...

o.k. That is really funny, maybe not then but grandmas can say anything and get away with it cause they are grandmas. I cant wait till I am old nasty and blunt!