Saturday, February 20, 2010

Once Around The Riverbend

With the Olympics on this last week and Pocahontas on the Disney Channel this morning, I had to step back in time for a bit.

I always wanted to be an ice skater but settled on roller skating in front of my house everyday after school. I'd be out there from the second I finished my after school snack until the sun went down.

After seeing this original skating routine, I asked for the Pocahontas soundtrack for either my birthday or Christmas and skated to it everyday. I can even remember some of my "moves" to the different songs.

I ended up breaking my arms on two different occasions while skating, hence why I haven't put on a pair of roller skates since the 7th grade. But after this morning, I have the urge to skate! I'm sure I'd look like a fool and go for a 3rd break.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe so cute!! i have loved watching the figure skating, poor Brett has to watch it with me. He is a good sport and it cracks me up when he starts commentating like he knows all about what's good and what's not!

Kristi said...

Story of my young life as well. It's a good thing we had a long smooth driveway, I only had a couple severe tailbone falls but my music of choice was the Beach Boys...