Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just Call Me Olive Oyl

One night last week, I was getting ready for bed and asked LaVor if he was ready? He said, "No. I'm hungry." Going to sleep hungry, is the worst.

I did my nightly routine and snuggled up with the blankets. I then heard the pots rattling and knew LaVor was making something. Our cupboards weren't stocked with "good" stuff so I knew he was going to have to improvise.

Shortly after, he came into bed and I asked what was burning. He said nothing but boy did it sure smell like it. I knew he didn't make toast, since we didn't have any bread, but it was too late for me to imagine what we had that he could have cooked.

As I went into the kitchen the next morning to get my cereal, I saw this can on the counter...

I'm married to Popeye!

1 comment:

Alex McMurray said...

That's hysterical! You must've been super food poor.