Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Making It A Tradition

I think we've been to San Francisco more in the last 6 weeks than we have in the last 6 months.

Our friends were coming into town for an A's game and wanted to meet up for breakfast. We couldn't pass up the invitation when we found out they were going to Mama's! We went to Mama's for my birthday last year and absolutely loved it! The only downside is the crazy line that forms outside, before the store even opens. In order to avoid this line, Jim & Karen wanted to be there first thing. Ack! You mean get up early on a Saturday?! If it meant eating delicious food, we were willing to sacrifice some sleep. The Lime just happened to wake up 15 minutes before my alarm was set to go off at 5:15. We got ready and headed into the City only to arrive seconds before they opened the restaurant doors.

Cool thing? They have stroller valet! We were a bit nervous about bringing the stroller since Mama's is anything but spacious. We were relieved when the host graciously took our stroller to a secret & safe location, while we enjoyed our breakfast.

We had a great time visiting with Jim & Karen but once again, failed to take a picture! Next time!

After breakfast, LaVor asked what, if anything, I wanted to do while we were there. It was a little after 9 and we had no plans until later that night.

Every time we come into San Francisco, I always want to visit the house that was in Mrs. Doubtfire. So that's what we did.

On the corner of Broadway & Steiner, here she is! I won't get my hopes up and think it looks the same on the inside as it did in the movie (made that mistake with Big Business) but the outside is identical!

After snapping a few pictures, we drove around Pacific Heights, with our jaws down to our toes. Talk about houses! We knew Nancy Pelosi lives in that area and tried Googling her address but were unsuccessful. Just for the record, we're not fans of Ms. Pelosi.

Our next destination? Lombard Street! We were on a roll with the houses so I convinced LaVor to let me take a picture of the Real World house. Unfortunately, as we were approaching the house and I'm yelling, "It's the next one!", the car somehow just kept on going. That's all that will be said about that.

On our way from Pacific Heights, we passed a home that reminded us of Europe!


I've walked up Lombard street but never driven down. We try to stay away from the tourist attractions but I wanted to take pictures of the lovely hydrangeas that adorn the most crookedest street in the world.

(View from the top of Lombard. Coit Tower with the Bay Bridge in the background. North Beach is in the bottom right corner)



Gorgeous! And they still had the morning dew on them!

On our way back to the Bay Bridge, we drove through North Beach and the outskirts of China Town. What do you think I said when I saw this sign?

Give yourself a pat on the back if you said, "Chandler Bing! HAHAHAHAHA!"

1 comment:

Katie May said...

Ha! I got it right!!

I think it's nice to get a little touristy, every now and then. Like when G asked me if we could finally visit the chocolate factory, instead of driving past it daily, to see the oompa loompas. See, it's those kinds of things you miss out on when you refuse to be a tourist.