Saturday, February 26, 2011

We Have A Problem

My dad would bite us growing up, therefore, I bite The Lime. Which then means, he bites. Except he doesn't know how to play bite. He...bites. Hence why I got him this shirt.

He and my niece love each other and they love to give each other hugs. I had to go to the bathroom on Thursday (hard to believe, I know!) and I left the door open so I could keep an eye on the babies. The Lime was in the saucer (because he fell off the 4th stair earlier in the day so I had to keep him contained) and my niece was right next to him, giving him hugs. The Lime was reciprocating the gesture and then I saw it...his mouth started to open and he was heading towards her head. Next thing I know...she pauses for a second and then erupts into tears. I tried to get her to come to me...in the bathroom...but she wasn't having it. Thank goodness for my 4 year old nephew who took her hand and softly said, "It's okay, Googie!" as he brought her to me. Sorry Kari, but as I sat on the toilet, I lifted her onto my lap so I could comfort her. Thank goodness The Monster Lime didn't break the skin but clearly, it hurt her.

I'm not looking forward to Nursery.

1 comment:

Alex McMurray said...

I totally know the feeling. Things always happen when you're on the potty. He'll get over it. And Gracie was fine. :)