Friday, June 3, 2011

Praise to the Man

For the month of May, the song we were learning in Primary was "Praise to the Man". I always love when we teach the kids Hymns. It's nice to teach something new (they really could re-do the Primary Songbook, don't you think?) and I remember being a kid and getting excited when I recognized a song in Sacrament Meeting that we had learned in Primary.

While I'm at my sister's house, I've noticed I sing more, especially Primary songs. The kids and I were out today, getting our free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme, and I started singing. My nephew covered his ears and told me to sing the song about the Lord. Um...which one? "You know...the things the Lord tells us to do." I racked my brain trying to find a lyric that matched his. "Nephi's Courage," I asked? That was the one. So I started singing and he joined me for the chorus.

When we got home, he asked me what the words were to the 4th verse of "Praise to the Man"? I knew bits and pieces so I looked up the lyrics online. This video popped up in my search results...



He sat there, holding my iTouch, watching the video and was singing along. It was so sweet. There are very few things in this world that are more precious than a little child singing Hymns.

No comments: