Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tally Mark 24 - Part 1

My sweet boy,

I'm convinced this last year went by faster than the first. Besides still wearing diapers, you're no longer a baby but a big boy.

You're one energetic little guy and you keep Daddy and me on our toes. People ask us if you ever stop. The answer is always, "No".

This year has been a fun one; with you learning a whole new vocabulary and cranking that brain a mile a minute. You may not speak as clear as other 2 year olds or say as many words, you don't know all your numbers or the alphabet, you don't sit still for long periods of time. But you're so sweet and caring, polite and gracious, concerned and hilarious. I wish I could have a constant, "Tink (thanks), Mama" playing in my ear.

You are your Dad's #1 fan. You ask for him the second you get out of bed in the morning and he's usually the last thing you see before you fall asleep at night. If you could go to work with him everyday, you would. Any car that drives by the house, that even remotely sounds like a truck, you say, "Dada hom (home)!". I hate having to tell you it's not him.

You wear your boots everyday, just like Daddy. And you carry around a phone and keys, just like he does. You pretend to fix things, just like you see him do. You want to be just like him and I hope that never changes. He's a good guy to want to be like. And he loves you so much. So, so much.

Thank you for blessing our home with your infectious laugh and spirit. These 2 years have been the best.

I love you!

-Mama


No comments: