Definition of DOPPELGÄNGER
1: a ghostly counterpart of a living person
2a : double
2a b : alter ego
I had no clue what a "Doppelgänger" was until we joined Facebook and I saw several people posting pictures of their famous "doppelgänger".
For probably my entire life, I've wondered if there was someone out there with my exact first, middle, and last name. Then after being introduced to "doppelgänger", I wondered if I had one?
Whenever I watch "Teen Mom", and I see little Bentley, I'm reminded of The Lime.
Not just the way they look, but the way they hate to leave their moms', how they call their Grandmas' "Mimi" (that was before The Lime learned how to say Omi), their love for all things drivable. Twins...just born over a year apart.
My brother, Kenny, has a doppelgänger that used to work at our local Chili's. I never got a chance to make the connection because the doppelgänger worked at the bar but I ran into him one day at Target and completely embarrassed myself. "I've seen you a lot at Chili's and I've gotta say...you look EXACTLY like my brother!" I said. He did that awkward laugh and said, "That's funny."
Do you remember the show "Weakest Link"? Remember the host?
When my mom had red framed glasses, they were identical.
During the most recent tryouts of American Idol, we got many phone calls and notices on Facebook that people had seen LaVor.
Nope, just Jason "Wolf" Hamlin. But they both happen to be from the same town and are both mechanics.
So please, if you see my doppelgänger, take a picture! I want to be part of the club.

2 comments:
MyHeritage.com has a celebrity face recognition program. Using a picture of you, they came up with an 83% match (tie) between Amanda Bynes ("Hairspray") and Lauren Graham ("Gilmore Girls"). There was a 67% match with Angelina Jolie, also.
I'm flattered about the Lauren Graham comparison (one of my favorites on "Parenthood") but I could do without Amanda and Angelina. My 8th grade teacher used to say I reminded him of Haley Mills.
Post a Comment