Sunday, August 26, 2012

Where We're At


I realize I stopped doing the monthly updates on The Lime. Not much was changing month to month like it was in the beginning. But now that a couple of months have passed, I have enough to write about.

This kid is funny, as we discovered early on. He makes funny noises, faces, his body language is funny. He's been shrugging his shoulders a lot lately, which always gets LaVor and I.


He is a wild one but has surprised us recently with his behavior. We had a late dinner with some friends last week and we were nervous as to how he'd be. Especially since the last time we went to this restaurant (Christmas Eve), he was awful. But that was also eight months ago. He was a doll and even fell asleep on the way home, which is a rarity.

He was also a trooper during the eight hours of garage sale browsing we participated in over the weekend. Don't ask me when was the last time he fell asleep in his stroller. Maybe it was the constant motion that got him this time? Or the slight breeze combined with the warmth of the sun?


He always wants to hide, asks "Why?" about EVERYTHING, loves to wear his cowboy hat and carry his keys everywhere we go, is quite the little helper, gets told he's loved non-stop, knows all the Princesses, is talking more and more, loves going to Nursery, remembers everything, knows which direction people live in, pays attention to little details (like LaVor), has to drive by LaVor's old work each time we get on the freeway and sings our little jingle of "Daddy's old work!", asks where the pumpkins are when we pass the patch, knows that pumpkins need sunshine and water to grow, loves to listen to John Michael Montgomery on the iPad because it's "Daddy's favorite song".

I am probably cursing myself, but two is an awesome age!

2 comments:

Megan and Joe and Lula said...

He is so cute! I wish we could spend more time with your family! Hopefully next year...*fingers crossed*

Kimberly said...

We hope you come this way, too! We loved having you visit!