Normally I have a slight part from my bangs and the rest of my hair but this is what happens after I deliver those cute babies. Lovely bald patches on both sides of my head that are thankfully being camouflaged by side swept bangs.
I'm glad I started growing them out before I started losing hair. The bangs are getting long enough that I'm slowly exiting the awkward stage and entering the cute stage. When LaVor says I look cute two Sundays in a row, with my swept bangs, I must, because he much prefers my old bangs.
Speaking of LaVor, I was talking with some runners the other day and they asked if I ran or did any other sort of recreational sport. "Nope," I said. "I sit on the couch and eat ice cream." In fact, I just finished a bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough.
But thanks to my diesel mechanic husband, I get an excellent workout cleaning the shower. Now I won't completely throw him under the bus because I take showers too, but the grime that I scrubbed this morning isn't my "chased The Lime at the park" grime. No, this is tough, greasy, other heavy equipment fluid gunk that takes multiple solutions to eliminate. And a ton of elbow grease.
There is no way I would post a before picture, because then I'd have to kill you, but I will share an after photo.
When my arms start shaking like JELLO from scrubbing so hard, and not because they're fat, and I'm perspiring all over, I know I'm burning a sufficient amount of calories.
Enough that I don't need to take on running and I can still enjoy my bowls of ice cream.


No comments:
Post a Comment