Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Happy Birthday!

Yikes! It's been a week and a half since LaVor's birthday. Lots of craziness between then and now, hence why I'm just getting around to writing about it.

We were lucky that it landed on a Saturday this year, so we got to spend the whole day together (which is the only thing he said he wanted). The day started with some gift opening. A few new shirts and a new, cooling, pillow. Then we got ready and went to breakfast (one of LaVor's favorite things).



We have the yummiest place nearby that has the best breakfast. I had scarfed half of mine down before LaVor even started eating his. It's that good!



We swung by the house before going to visit LaVor's mom and grandparents, where we ended up washing the car. LaVor needed to wash the roof of the car and asked The Lime to get the step stool. That's when I pulled out another gift; a Little Giant ladder. LaVor has been wanting one for years, and although The Lime spoiled the surprise one day at Costco, LaVor was still happy to receive it.

Once we got to LaVor's grandparents', we played a few holes of mini golf before the clouds rolled in and the rain soaked us. Then it was back to their house for some games before we went to dinner. On the way home, we stopped by a friend's house to say hi and pick up some Girl Scout cookies.

The next day, we had my parents over for dinner (which LaVor had to make) and birthday cake. I had been looking forward to this cake for weeks and limited my dinner intake so I'd have enough room to enjoy a substantial slice.


We're so lucky to have such a great daddy & husband. Even though he doesn't like making a big deal out of his day, we love making him feel extra special.

No comments: