Monday, June 8, 2015

The Tongue: Part 2

Three years ago, I wrote a post about The Lime's tongue and the constant sticking it out that he inherited from my Omi.

Last week was his last week of t-ball as well as his end of the season party.  They had a poster up with several action shots of each child.  At the end of the party, the team mom gave me a stack of photos and in almost all of them, his tongue was sticking out.  His coach even made a comment about the tongue.





I couldn't stop giggling as I went through them. It fascinates me how certain traits can skip generations and I love that he shares something quirky like ths with his great grandma.

On a related note, we can't believe t-ball is over. The Lime had so much fun participating this year and is already talking about next season. He improved in so many ways over the last four months. He's had a slight hindrance to his batting, and we have to remind him often that just because so-and-so bats a certain way doesn't mean we have to (we've been watching as much baseball as possible to show him that everyone bats different), but that's why we have eight months until baseball starts up again. We'll get lots of practice in between now and then.


No comments: