I bought a Groupon to the Aerospace Museum a few months back, planning on using it one weekend when it was too hot to do anything outside. Time slipped by and we never used it, and the expiration date was soon approaching. I threw out the plan of using it on a Saturday and asked my mom (who happened to be in town) if she wanted to be my second adult.
We pulled into the parking lot and the place was PACKED. Turns out, there was also a job fair going on for veterans. I was worried we wouldn't be able to get in but they told us just to avoid the area where the fair was and visit every other attraction. No problem!
They had a kids area upstairs where we spent a good chunk of time. I love going to places where I don't have to worry about telling my kids "don't touch that!" the whole time we're there.
They had a little cockpit simulator that the boys kept fighting over. The different buttons, knobs, and handles could have kept them there all day.
After probably close to an hour of playing, we made our way outside to see all of the airplanes. And boy, were there a ton! Some of them were even open for us to check out.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! I'm sure it has something to do with being surrounded by aviation during my childhood, but I really had a great time, as did the boys and my mom, and I will definitely purchase another Groupon for the museum if it pops up again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment