To my sweet Lime,
You have now been at school for over an hour and the house is too quiet! Doodlebug is napping and will soon wake up, and probably wonder where his Big Bro is.
You're off on a new adventure; kindergarten!
You had a hard time going to bed last night, as I'm sure you were feeling lots of emotions. You've been nervous that you wouldn't have any friends but thankfully, you have three friends from church in your class and we met another classmate on Sunday night when we were scoping out your classroom. Not to mention, you're a pretty cool dude and lots of kids are going to want to be your friend.
You were also nervous last night that you would do something naughty and the school would kick you out. But you know what? You're a good kid and as long as you follow the rules and are nice to everyone, you'll be fine.
I haven't told you this because I didn't want to make you worry, but Mommy has been REALLY sad thinking about you starting kindergarten. I'm so excited for all of the fun, new things you'll learn, and the confidence you'll gain, and the friendships you'll make. But I'm also going to miss all of the time we were able to spend together. From here on out, you'll be at school and we'll never get that time together again.
But I'm so so so happy I got to have you all to myself for those 5.5 years (as you're quick to point out). We had so much fun together and I will treasure those moments forever.
Now you're starting a new chapter in your little life. One that will lead to so many great things. I am anxious to see where it takes you!
Love,
Mommy
P.S. I promise we'll ride your bike tomorrow! You did NOT like walking today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment