Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween!

I just love Halloween and was excited it fell on a Saturday this year.

Earlier in the week, I read that our city's jail was no longer in use so the police department was going to have a special Trick-or-Treat event.  Since The Lime was a SWAT guy, I thought he'd really get a kick out of trick-or-treating in the jail.

I've learned my lesson and don't tell him about surprises until right before they're about to happen (otherwise he bugs me 24/7).  As we drove to the station, he thought we knew where we were going (the church) but when he saw the parking lot was empty, he didn't know what to think.  Then we pulled into the parking lot of the station as he got excited.  "I hope Mason's here!" he exclaimed.  Sure enough, Mason (his friend from church) was there but they were leaving as we were arriving.  Mason's mom warned us that the line to get in was long but worth it.

Thankfully, they had some squad cars out for the kids to sit in to help pass the time.


Once we got in the station, we waited a little bit longer and then turned the corner and TAA DAA, it was the jail.


I have a small infatuation with jails/prisons and have passed on that weird trait to The Lime. He's been dying to go to Alcatraz for years but said this little trip would do for now.

He got to go inside of one of the cells and see firsthand how crummy jail is. The cement beds are reason enough for me to not want to ever step foot in one.


We then got to have our mugshot taken. The Lime's turned out way cuter than our group one (why didn't anyone tell me I looked ridiculous with my robber mask on?).


The event ended at 6:00 and I think we got out of there at 6:15. We raced to Sonic for dinner (50 cent hot dogs!) and then raced home to head out into our neighborhood for trick-or-treating.

LaVor took both boys out this year while I stayed home and handed out the candy. We only had about 10 groups of people stop by which means we have way too much candy leftover. When LaVor got home, he said a majority of our street had their lights off. Stinkers! Thankfully, the rest of the neighborhood was pretty festive and the boys made out like bandits.



The candy rationing has begun and all of the decorations are packed away (I had to do it right away or else I'd put it off until it was time to put up Christmas decorations).

I'd say Halloween is officially over.

No comments: