At The Lime's school, each class picks a college that becomes theirs. Every first Friday of the month, they wear their school's shirt. The Lime's class chose Howard University and their mascot is a blue jay.
Each week, a child has been able to take home Buzz, the blue jay, and document all of their adventures in a book which then gets passed on to another student and so on.
Every Friday, The Lime would be disappointed that his name wasn't picked for that week's "Blue Jay of the Week." When one of the little girls from church got picked, I told him maybe his teacher was saving the best for last (him). He said that he wasn't the best, Aubrey was the best. "Why is she the best?" I asked. "Because she's the best at everything," he replied. And that's true, she is really good at most things.
The Friday before Spring Break started, his class walked out to the pick-up area and I noticed The Lime carrying a bag that I didn't drop him off with. "What is that?!" I thought. Then I realized...he was the "Blue Jay of the Week." I was so excited for him, I almost started to cry...almost! Not only did his turn finally come but it was during Spring Break, so we got Buzz for two weeks!
The Lime didn't waste any time. As soon as we got home, Buzz went bike and scooter riding.
The Lime remembered to bring Buzz to the dentist with us. Buzz patiently sat and watched as The Lime got his teeth cleaned.
Buzz joined the boys on their weekend visit to the doughnut shop and even tagged along on our first visit to Dunkin Donuts. The final verdict was that the doughnut holes were just as good as the ones from our Mom & Pop store, but the chocolate raised got a thumbs down.
The Lime was SUPER excited to take Buzz across two states! And I was SUPER excited that we didn't forget Buzz in either of those states :)
Our final adventure was going to lunch with LaVor and then riding the tractors at his work.
After The Lime took Buzz back to school, he got to bring home this awesome blue jay that has all of the things his classmates admire about him written on it.
I especially love the "he is a lovebug" comment. I want to know who said that!
We had a wonderful time with Buzz and I can't wait to read the book of all his adventures at Open House.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment