Thursday, March 23, 2017

Opening Day & First 2 Games

We look forward to Opening Day for little league because then it means we can start playing games. We don't actually look forward to the actual Opening Day because it's chaos.

I believe I heard there were roughly 60 teams this year, with at least 10 players per team. That's over 600 players plus their families (granted, there are a lot of families that have more than one child playing). Nevertheless, we're grateful we live within walking distance of the fields and can come and go as we please without fighting the horrendous crowds and traffic.

We did manage to get a spot right against the field so I could capture a few shots of The Lime and his team, the Burlington Bees.



While we waited for the teams to line up, I made small talk with the kids on the other side of the fence (and LaVor made fun of me the whole time...even nicknamed me "The Crazy Lady") and we ate oranges.



They announced all the teams, the members of the board, and acknowledged the champions from last year. Before we knew it, "Opening Day" was over and we had the rest of the day to ourselves.

Last week, The Lime had his first two games AND he got to be catcher during both games! He loves playing this position and I think it set the bar for his confidence this season.



His little friend Cohen was batting.

At Saturday's game, I overheard a mom say, "Wow! That kid looks like a real catcher! He doesn't even have knee savers on!" I hope the coach continues to work with The Lime and allows him to play catcher throughout the season.

It's been a blast watching The Lime play. This year is polar opposite of last, where I had to beg him to get ready for practice and games. It's quite enjoyable to watch when he's having so much fun out there.



When he's bored, he chews on his glove

Meanwhile, while he's playing, Doodlebug is zipping along on his scooter, making new friends, or petting dogs. LaVor snacks in the bleachers :)



We're all having a blast at the ole' ball game!

No comments: