Dear RieRie,
Oh my goodness! We have been counting down to your birthday since The Lime's birthday and it's finally here! Which is really weird because I'm certain we just celebrated your 2nd birthday.
You have grown in so many ways over the past year. Your vocabulary has taken off, you want to do everything by yourself ("No, me do!"), you wish you were old enough to go to school and play baseball, but you still wear diapers which means you still need me.
You are one tough cookie and have no problem defending yourself (aka beating people up). Your poor big brother is often heard crying for help because you're sitting on him, biting him, hitting him, or chasing him. Daddy has also received a few punches from your mighty fists and we're certain you're going to make an excellence football player or boxer.
While you are tough, you still love bringing your nigh night with us wherever we go. You ask for it every time you get hurt or sad. And if I have to wash it, you ask for it the second you wake up in the morning. It's your favorite and I'm glad you have something you love so much.
Speaking of love, you love movies. Just recently, you've been asking to watch movies over and over and over again. Unfortunately, we don't have very many so we've been watching lots of Toy Story, Monsters University, and Ice Age. Let's hope you get some more for your birthday ;)
You also love your scooter and beg to ride it to school in the mornings and afternoons. You've been watching The Lime on his scooter and have learned a few tricks. I overheard some boys at school the other day say, "Dude! That little kid just did a jump on his scooter!" You think it's pretty cool and I think it's pretty cute.
I was reading last year's letter and I wrote that you still loved dogs. Guess what?! You still do! One of the boys on The Lime's baseball team has a dog that sometimes comes to the games. If it's at a game, guess where you are? Right next to it, petting it, throwing balls for it to catch, and just loving the heck out of it. You can still spot dogs from a mile away and ask if you can pet every dog you see. One day, you'll get one of your own. I promise!
You were always really good about eating anything we put in front of you but you now turn your nose up at dinner most nights. That means Daddy or I usually end up having to sit with you and make sure you eat every last bite. That means it takes a loooooong time to finish. But you do it! And I'm grateful you at least give food a chance even if your initial reaction is "yuck!" You don't have a problem eating treats, though. Candy, cookies, ice cream, cake, pie, brownies, whatever! You enjoy anything and everything I make which makes my heart happy. You can be my taste tester anytime!
You are sweeter than the treats I make and I'm so blessed to be able to spend each and every day with you. You make me smile and give the best licks/kisses. You always tell me you love me after I say it to you when I tuck you in for naps and bed. It's hard to believe it's only been three years since we first met but I'm one lucky mom to be able to spend eternity with you.
I can't wait to celebrate you all day long!
Love you so much!
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment