Saturday, January 20, 2018

His Special Day

As soon as I finished with work, I headed to the doughnut shop and got there two minutes after it opened.  I asked the man if they get many customers at 4:30 and he said, "Only you..."  :)

We've carried on LaVor's family tradition of not opening presents until after dinner.  But I wanted The Lime to be able to wear his new shirt to school yesterday so I let him open just one while we FaceTimed with LaVor.


This kid is a HUGE fan of Dude Perfect as is, apparently, the rest of the world. This was the only shirt on their website that wasn't sold out! He was super excited to wear it and I was super excited it wasn't anything Warriors related :)


The Lime originally wanted to bring cupcakes to school as his treat but changed his mind when he realized he'd be getting cake after dinner. We ran through some ideas and when I suggested root beer float cookies, he nearly jumped out of his seat. "Yes!" he exclaimed. He couldn't have picked an easier treat!

Doodlebug and I swung by Togo's to grab The Lime his favorite pastrami/salami sandwich and zipped over to his school where we met his class just in time for lunch. Those kids sure have to eat fast before they're kicked out for the next group. But we still had fun spending some time with The Lime and his buddies, and everyone (except for one girl) loved the cookies.

I needed to finish up The Lime's birthday cake before we headed to dinner with friends. He wanted another basketball themed cake and, since he's on an even bigger Curry kick this year than he was last, this is what I came up with.


There was no way I was making an edible hoop and Curry so those are just pictures taped to skewers. The Lime was happy with how it turned out which is all that mattered.

While I was finishing up his cake, The Lime was painting his Pinewood Derby car. The race was the following day but we had to turn it in that night. LaVor raced home with the weights for it, he strategically slapped them on, and we were the second participant at the leader's house.

Just like the day The Lime was born, it was pouring rain as we drove to a pizza dinner with friends. We were running a little behind and came up with the brilliant idea to order the pizza on the way there. That way, it was ready when we arrived and the kids wouldn't be starving. It worked! Our friends got there just before we did, we walked in, found a spot to sit, and were given our pizzas within minutes.

Since we don't have family close enough to celebrate fun moments like this, it's such a treat to have friends that can fill that void. We love the Swyers and I shouldn't be surprised The Lime begged me to invite them to dinner.


We sang happy birthday, played some arcade games, and called it a night so we could head home and open the rest of The Lime's presents.

The Lime said he didn't know what to ask for since he got everything he wanted for Christmas.  Thankfully he was able to come up with a few ideas and seemed to be pleased as punch with the outcome.




Before we knew it, the day was over. But the festivities were really just beginning! More to come in about a week...


No comments: