Friday, June 8, 2018
2nd Grade in the Bag
Seriously, folks! How has another school year gone by?! This has been a little bit of a dramatic 10 months (who knew 8 year old boys could be so catty?) but also a fun one.
I had the opportunity to be the Music Docent for The Lime's class this year. Even though I had no clue what I was doing most of the time, I ended up having fun and I think the kids learned a thing or two. Also, I felt like it gave me a chance to get to know The Lime's teacher a little bit better and vice versa.
I also got to be the Classroom Photographer, even though there were parents who are professional photographers, so I got to attend all the parties and special events at school.
It was neat to see The Lime's report card on the last day of school and the improvement he's made in all his subjects. He still prefers recess over everything else but he's really taken a liking to reading this year, even more than last. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is his favorite and he begs for a new copy every time we go to Costco.
Although we were grateful he got Mrs. Lee (actually, more grateful he didn't get a certain teacher), I was a little unsure about her after being in the classroom for the first time. She seemed a little rough with the kids and was quick to reprimand. But after being around her more, I realized she's a lot like me and we ended up building a neat relationship. She even came up to me on the last day of school and made a note to tell me how much she appreciated all my help throughout the year and said I was her favorite parent volunteer. Bless her heart! It brought a tear to my eye and made me sad to have to leave her (I always get sad on the last day of school).
The Lime was more than ready for summer to begin and kiss 2nd grade goodbye. He's known who he wants his 3rd grade teacher to be since 1st grade (I think because he thinks she's cute) so we'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment