Dear RieRie,
One of my favorite songs to sing to you is "Oh My RieRie!" to the tune of "Oh My Darling, Clementine". And my favorite part is when you sing it back to me saying, "Oh My Mommy!" Even though you say Mommy in the song, you normally call me Mama and I absolutely love it. Yes, you're a big five year old now but when you call me Mama, it reminds me you'll always be my baby.
This has been a great year for you! First off, you finally got to play baseball! After four years of watching The Lime play, it was finally your turn and you've done AWESOME. You thrive at every position you play; always down and ready. You know that all of your games are written in red on the calendar so you're able to see when your next one is. The day of your game, as soon as you wake up, you ask if you can get dressed but that's usually nine hours before your game so I have you wait. Then, throughout the day, you ask if it's time. You just love to play and it's hard to be patient sometimes but when 4:00 rolls around, you're SO excited things can get rolling. And as soon as that game is over, you get pumped for the next.
You've had to spend more time at babysitters' houses in the last year any other time in your life. And with how shy you are, you've done surprisingly well. You especially liked going to Ben's house and you didn't even want to leave the last time you were over there. With school starting in less than four months, you're going to make even more friends and, hopefully, work your way out of your shell even more.
You are a monster on your scooter, always zipping around at a speed that makes my heart skip a beat. You've skidded so many times, your back tire is a square. It makes for an interesting sound :) I can always tell where you are at the baseball field; I just have to look for the Evel Knievel helmet. But I think it's about time we move you up to a bike, a REAL bike. Maybe Santa will bring you one for Christmas?
Puzzles are still your strongpoint. Your little mind loves figuring things out and puzzles are the perfect challenge. You also LOVE Transformers for the exact same reason. The 8+ toys are right up your alley but they always stump me. You definitely get that attribute from Daddy.
I'm convinced you've been growing nonstop for the last six months because you're always hungry. Thank goodness you're a great eater and request things like blueberries or strawberries. But goodness gracious, if you're like this at five, I don't know how I'm going to keep up when you're sixteen.
Speaking of great eating, when I asked you what you wanted for your birthday dinner, you said pizza and salad. "Salad like the one we just had," you said. That would be Caesar salad. What five year old asks for salad for their birthday dinner?! You do tell me you hate broccoli, though, but always eat it when it's given to you. Hot dogs are not your favorite and I think it's because of the texture. Interestingly enough, you are more than willing to eat corn dogs.
You have a great eye for bugs and tell me when you see one in the house. You also don't go in the bathtub if there's one in there, even if it's a tiny fly. But you're more than happy to play with them outside. Potato Bugs have been known to make their way home with us from school but you kindly put them in the grass when we arrive, so they can go back to their families. You love pointing out butterflies and you move across the street if you see bees.
You are kind and sensitive, hilarious and quirky, shy but talkative with those you feel comfortable with. You have been just what I needed this year to feel peace and happiness. I've treasured these five years I've had you all to myself and I'm excited to see where you go from here.
I love you so much!
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment