Monday, January 18, 2021

The Lime - Tally Mark 132

Dear Freddy,

Angel number 11!!!!  Holy cow, still shocked we're already to this moment.  We spent last night talking about the moments leading to your birth.  Your biggest concern was how your head came through such a small hole.  I love that you're comfortable enough to ask such a thing.

You came home this week, after playing with some friends at the park.  You told me one of the boys is in middle school and his voice sounded funny.  You openly asked him, "Are you going through puberty?"  He said yes.  That time is just around the corner for you, so I'm treasuring the time where your face is still silky smooth, and your little voice doesn't crack.

This is your last year in elementary school and, while it's not what we envisioned (still dealing with Coronavirus), you love it.  Mrs. Lara (Ms. Coulter) is your teacher, and as previous years, she was your number one pick.  You have meshed well with her and you're thriving!  We just got your progress report for semester two and you have all As and one B.  Going out with a bang!  You're learning that studying pays off, and you're so proud of yourself when you come home to tell me you got an A on your test/quiz/story/project.  I'm super proud of you, too.  You also dressed up for every day of Kindness Week, which has never happened.  I was thinking about it earlier this week.  Every year you have asked for a yearbook and every year we tell you you can get one when you're in 5th grade.  I'm so sorry you're getting a yearbook for a school year where nothing has happened!  I promise to get you a yearbook from now on.

You love playing with friends (Cohen, Logan, Jackson, Wyatt) and count down the minutes after you get home from school where you can knock on someone's' door.  Riding bikes or scooters is your activity of choice.  You've started going to the library park with Cohen and I think you love that bit of independence.  You also play Fortnite and your friends' houses because we don't let you play it at home.  You get excited to tell me about all of the kills you've made but I really don't understand what it means.  Thank you for telling me anyway!

Many people have commented about your style.  You take much pride in your outfits and ensuring they match.  You've started rolling up the cuffs on your pants and don't care if they're rolled extremely high.  You would wear everything Vans if you could, and you hope to work there when you're 16 so you can get an employee discount.  And so you can smell the shoes and new clothes.  That's your favorite smell!  

It's been a struggle for a while to get you to push yourself, try a little harder, and see your potential.  We were doing sit-ups and push-ups the other night, and you couldn't do either.  With a lot of encouragement, you've seen your potential and we now do a round of push-ups, sit-ups, and planks every night.  Sometimes we throw in a wall sit for fun.  You've already improved so much!  And it's exciting to see you get past the negative thoughts in your mind, telling you you can't do something.  

While you still watch plenty of Dude Perfect and Fortnite videos on YouTube, you've started watching videos linked to law enforcement.  Live PD was one of your favorite shows before they stopped making it.  You've mentioned a carrier in this field might be something you'd like to pursue.  But you think it might be scary.  And you get scared really easily, so that gives us something else to push through.  It would be neat if that's what pans out.  You've played and pretended to be a police officer for so long, it really might be your calling.

You still have Lucifer and sleep with it every night.  Its full of holes and the stuffing can be found all over our house.  It's been your pal and comforted you for so long, I can't imagine it not being by your side every night in bed, or on the couch with you while you're watching tv.  Daddy still threatens to throw it away, but I promise I won't let that happen.

We sat down this week and you decided you didn't want to play baseball this year.  Part of me is sad, but you want to try something new and I support you 100%.  You're thinking football or basketball.  Here's to hoping the world will settle down and resolve itself soon so you can get out and explore new adventures.

I love you so much, dude!  Your attitude and talking back stink sometimes but I suppose that comes with the age.  You try really hard to do good.  You watch our for others, always making sure they're safe.  You remember to say thank you after we buy you something.  You still want me to carry you to bed, but I have a feeling you'll be carrying me before long.  You eat all your dinner, even if it's gross and you don't want to.  You're simply the best and I'm so glad you're mine.

Love,

Mommy



No comments: