Friday, March 28, 2008

Some things will never change

Title of post...courtesy of Tupac

I enjoy birthdays but I don't deal with the transition very well.

I've never been big on change. I dreaded going back to school after our two week Christmas vacations when I was younger because I loved having all of the family together everyday. I've had my bangs my entire life and don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon. I have a carebear that I've had since I was a baby, that my parents tried to replace because the original Deedee was lost, but I wanted nothing to do with the imposter. These are just a few of the changes that I've faced in my 24 years.

Every year, my parents give me a birthday card and reminisce about where they were on the day I was born, what their thoughts were, etc. It always brings a smile to my face but a tear to my eye and I'm not quite sure. I'm not sad about getting older (physical things like wrinkles and gray hair) but I get sad because of...the change. Sort of like the Christmas vacation...everyone went back to their lives and had their own things going on.

Oh I do hope all of that made sense.

Now onto the fun part. I had a wonderful birthday doing absolutely nothing! I woke up at 10:00 a.m. from my sister calling me to wish me a happy birthday. I received several phone calls, text messages and cards throughout the day. Many thanks for the well wishes!


My new shoes! Too cute!



My lovely flowers from LaVor's parents.



Taco dinner...hasn't changed in years.



Blowing out the candles on my rainbow chip cake!
I've never had another flavor.



Popie & the kids.



Gifts from HC & Keifers and Mom & Pop


Thank you again to everyone who made my birthday a special one!



2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a good one- love the shoes. We're looking forward to seeing you guys in August.
see ya

Katie May said...

Oh my gosh! So I'm a hundred years late in responding to this, but seriously Kim, you're right. You like things the same! And Deedee! Memories, man. I am SO much like you in that sense. Maybe it's a youngest child thing, but my birthday (or any tradition at all) has to stay the same. Maybe that's why when my girls had the flu on my birthday this year I was SO bummed out. Owell!! Glad your day was fabulous!