Growing up...okay, I still am...I'm addicted to the internet. Not as bad as I used to be. It was, specifically, my sophomore year in high school. I would wake up in the morning, get ready for seminary, check my e-mail, go to seminary, come home, check my e-mail, chat with whoever may have been online at the moment, go to school, come home, get a snack and eat it while I was on the internet, MAYBE do homework, be on the internet a few more hours, go to bed and repeat the whole process the next day. Needless to say, that was probably my worst year academically.
Although I probably wasn't doing a whole lot to stimulate my brain, I do believe that all the time I spent online has an influence on my typing skills. My dad always gave me a hard time because I didn't type properly. I tried to do it the "right" way (having your fingers on the right keys, etc.) but it just never worked for me. I had my own method and it seemed to work.
And it obviously still does! My highest score was 87 but I thought I could do better and now I can't get anything higher than 83. I think I just found something else to be addicted to...beating my own typing time.
86 words
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I saw your posting about typing it immediately brought me back to my days at Developmental Studies Center on the Embarcadero in Oakland. I got a job to transcribe for this company focusing on education. The job itself inspired me in a major way to continue my efforts as a future educator. How I got the job was by applying through a temp agency, Kelly Services. I had to take a typing test. I typed 90 words per minute then, and using this website I found in Kimberly's posting, I tested myself and found that - what do you know? - I still type as well as I once did. More than anything, I give full credit to my 10th grade sophomore teacher. That was pre-internet, so my sophomore year was spent on a keyboard all right - at school in typing class!
Post a Comment