Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Now Batting #14 Mark Ellis!!!








This time it's not kimberly posting, it's good old LaVor. We went to another A's game last night with Mom and Dad. We had a blast with mom and dad and found out that our usher is a Livermore resident and knew mom from the wienerschnitzel. He said that he eats there everyday for lunch and always get a mustard dog with ketchup. He also said that if we bring him hot dogs he would let us sit in his section.





We had amazing seats in section 122 row 2 right behind the A's dugout. We love going to the games and if we could afford it, we would purchse season tickets. I would get season tickets where we sat last night. We ate the great food, Kimberly got a hot dog and skipped out on her traditional nachos due to the nasty cheese they switched to. I had the traditional Bratwurst with mustard and onion and lots of saurkraut. Between the four of us, we ate roughly 2lbs of peanuts.






Now on to Mark Ellis who I call Kimberly's boyfriend. She has an infatuation with him. I told her to bring the camera because she would be close enough to take pictures of him. That she did and about half of them were of his behind. After the game I tried to get him to give me a ball or bat. I yelled his name and he nodded his head and gave me a peace sign. I think he would have done more if Kimberly had tried to get his attention. As always, we had fun and plan on going back many times no matter how many fans show up. We love the A's and I can still remember when Papa would take us when he had season tickets.

1 comment:

Alex McMurray said...

Don't worry LaVor. Mark Ellis is happily married with a baby boy named Briggs. His wife has a dog named Brutus. He says, "When my son grows up, I wish for him to do whatever he wants to do. If he wants to play baseball, I'm ok with that. If he wants to be a dancer like my wife, I will still support him. Although I would have to learn more about dance." When he hit for the cycle in 2007, he says that that was one of his best weeks of his life because not only did he hit a cycle for the Oakland A's, but his baby boy was also born earlier that week.

Ellis attended the University of Florida and was a ninth-round selection by the Kansas City Royals in the 1999 amateur draft. He was acquired by the A's along with outfielder Johnny Damon and pitcher Cory Lidle in a three-team trade with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the Kansas City Royals for outfielder Ben Grieve, shortstop Angel Berroa, and catcher A.J. Hinch.