Saturday, November 8, 2008

I Love To See The Temple

I remember when I was 12 and I had the opportunity to visit the Oakland Temple for the first time. I've since then, had the wonderful opportunity to be sealed to my sweet husband for all time and eternity in that special building. The peace that I feel inside those doors is remarkable. The reverence is sweet. The privilege to get away from "The World" for some time is a blessing.

I am truly saddened to see the grounds of the Temple become a place of hostility, violence and anger during these last few days.

I do not condone the violence that took place in LA. I think there are other ways to handle situations like this. I am all for freedom of speech but for an incident like this to take place at such a holy building, makes me sick. Vandalizing the Temple, posting hateful signs and screaming. All at the House of the Lord. Sad.

3 comments:

Katie May said...

Before I say anything, I have to say that this picture of you two is my favorite! Adorable!

I'm so weepy every time I read about what's going on up and down California. Thanks for posting this.

Kristi said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, well put!

Krista S said...

I totally agree with you! I can't believe how horribly people are acting over losing Prop 8. It is really sad and stupid that people behave that way.