Thank you, Billy Madison, for helping me with my blog title.
As some of you may know, since it's made national news...unfortunately, there have been protests ending in riots in Oakland. It all began after a BART police officer shot and killed a man early New Years day.
The officer was finally arrested and is being held at Santa Rita jail. So why are the protests continuing? I'd love to be able to find that answer. And I would especially like to know why people feel the need (or want) to vandalize innocent businesses and personal property. Protest violence with...violence? Interesting.
What concerns me is that Social Distortion is playing in Oakland on February 6th and the venue it will be held at was a victim to the vandalism last week. Let us keep our fingers crossed that things will settle down over the next 2 weeks. For more reasons than one. I'm not completely selfish.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can we come too? To the concert, that is...?
You guys are always more than welcome!
Post a Comment