Monday, January 5, 2009

This is the true story...

...of seven strangers, picked to live in a house, and have their lives taped, to find out what happens when people stop being polite, and start getting real. The Real World ________ (fill in city).

I'm a Real World fan, I'll admit it. It all began in New York, with Eric, Norman, Andre, Kevin, Becky, Heather & Julie.

MTV wasn't something my parents wanted us kids to watch. So what did we do? We would all pile onto my parents bed and watch the Real World in their room, with the door closed. When we heard them walking down the hall, we'd quickly change the channel. When they'd leave, right back to the trash.

Some seasons have been worse than others (i.e. Las Vegas) but for some reason, I just can't get away from it.

I'd be interested in a Real World Scene It? game. Until then, I'll enjoy the upcoming season in Brooklyn.

The San Francisco cast. My personal favorite.


***Update as of 1/8/09***

Last night was the first episode of the Brooklyn season. We have a Mormon from Salt Lake, a non-Mormon from Salt Lake, a Veteran from Gettysburg, a used-to-be lesbian from SF, a gymaholic from Massachusetts, a pageant queen from Kansas City, a dolphin trainer from Miami and a girl that used to be a boy from West Palm Beach. Yes folks, you counted correctly...there's 8 roommates this season.

Their house reminds me a lot of the home in Seattle (also another favorite season of mine). Of course, outrageously huge but has a view of the Statue of Liberty.

From the looks of it, it's going to be a good season. And we'll all be crossing our fingers that Chet (the LDS kid) doesn't pull a Julie on us.

2 comments:

Katie May said...

Ah, Pedro. :(


But I've gotta say, the worst one was (I forget where they lived, actually) with the Mormon girl Julie. She moved to Huntington Beach right after the show and she was in our singles ward for awhile. Lame!

Ashley said...

I so agree with you. I am a Chicago fan. I loved that season. I hated las vegas. I felt weird watching Julie in New Orleans.

So I decided NOT to watch last night.....but lets be honest I will watch a marathon and be hooked all over again.