Friday, March 27, 2009

Paying Tribute

I've heard that it's made national news but in case you haven't heard, four Oakland Police Officers were shot and killed last weekend.

Today their services were held at Oracle Arena in Oakland.

As I drove to meet my mom and sister for lunch, I was able to listen to the service. The words spoken were sweet. I then returned to the coverage on my drive back home. Friends and family members of the officers were sharing their stories. The tears began to flow at my end. And they continued to flow as I watched on the television, the flags being presented to the victims families. What a sacred experience.

As I dropped the mail off at the post office, I noticed the flag on First Street was at half-staff, to honor the men that had lose their lives in the line of duty.

I didn't know any of them, had never heard of them before this tragedy, but I am grateful for their service. I am also grateful for all of the men and women who put their lives at risk on a daily basis for my safety.

1 comment:

Katie May said...

I'm grateful as well.


Happy Birthday!p