I hate it when I "remind" myself of something and 2 seconds later, it's forgotten.
As I was sitting in traffic last night, freaking out about being late to my baby shower, I remembered that I needed to grab my camera on my way out the door, after brushing my teeth. My reminder didn't work.
LaVor's family put on a great shower for us! Lots of fun games (apparently I need to study up on my nursery rhymes, I'm not full of hot air and my hospital bill is going to be 100 grand...yikes!) and catching up with friends! I feel like now we are "officially" (physically) ready for The Lime because he has a place to hang out (in his new "little lamb" seat...it even has lamb ears!), we got a diaper bag, tons of cute outfits, his own pair of Converse (I almost peed in my pants, they're so cute!), oodles of diapers, a couple teething toys...I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.
Another great night with wonderful ladies!
Side note: Had my last "regular" appointment today and nothing's happening. I did almost cry while waiting for the Midwife, thinking about this entire process and how fast, yet slow, it's gone. A co-worker and I were talking today and I shared with her how I was sad this morning, thinking that it won't be "me & him" soon. I'm anxious to carry him in my arms but I've been able to have him all to myself for so long and now I'll have to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well put! I know just how you feel. Except...if you breastfeed it's almost like that umbilical cord never gets cut. (and sometimes you might wish it does!)
I'm so excited for you!!!! PLEASE keep posting your "progress".
It was a fun night! I always love seeing old friends, too.
The forgetfulness doesn't get any better. It's called milk brain and apparently you've started early. :) Welcome to the club.
Katie's right. The breastfeeding keeps 'em close for a while longer. Can't wait to meet the Deet. :)
Aww, you are too cute. But so very true, I can not wait to see this baby! Smell and hold him, I hope I get to while he's still new! Maybe his blessing!! ;)
Post a Comment