Thursday, January 7, 2010

21 Questions...Or Close To It


My nephew and I are talking about The Lime. He's asking lots of questions...will The Lime have a kitchen? When will he be a kitchen boy? When is he coming out? How big is he? Why is your tummy so big? What are these?

The last question came out when he grabbed my boob.

I actually have a question that's been bothering me for a while.

Nail salons give me the creeps. Hence why I've never gotten a pedicure and only 2 manicures in my lifetime.

This leads to my question of: What sanitizing takes places with the nail polish that is used during a pedicure or manicure? As far as I'm concerned, none. Does this freak anyone else out? The thought of sharing nail polish with complete strangers and their nails? Why is the sanitizing of the instruments such a big deal but you never hear anything about that shade of red? Yuck.

3 comments:

Washington Family said...

I TOTALLY agree and yes I always think this when I get something done and then I remember how I wanted to bring my own polish next time but ALWAYS forget!! Eeeewww!

Alex McMurray said...

On behalf of my son, I'd like to apologize for the boob grabbing.

The nail polish issue bothers me, too. I've only had one manicure in my life. Never a pedicure. No one touches my nasty feet but me.

Unknown said...

good question... i've never thought about that part but i would think it wouldn't be an issue because by the time nail polish makes its way to your nail, you've been pushed and cleaned and massaged and everything that it's clean! i always hate the fact that in order to make the nail polish go farther (because some places are kind of cheap) they use like thinner stuff or acetone or something to make it thinner so they can keep using it! gosh, those things range from $3 to $10, go get new bottles of some $3 polish and toss the old ones! sorry, this from someone who works in a salon!! sorry, that was random and way too long!