Saturday, September 11, 2010

Come On, Folks!

With having Monday off, my week has completely been tumbled around and I can hardly keep track of what day it is. Thus, almost forgetting that today was September 11th.

I can't believe it's been 9 years.

And I can't believe that people are already putting what happened on the back burner and making this day a day of protests and anger.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends that lost a loved one, that Tuesday morning.

A sister of one of the flight attendants killed on 9/11 told The New York Times, "I'm tired of talking about everything else, tired of politics. Today is about loss."

The bond that we as Americans felt that day and weeks after, was indescribable. People put out their flags, joined together in Memorials for those we lost, and we were truly the United States of America.

Why must good things come to an end?

No comments: