The weather this year has been quite a roller coaster. We're officially in Fall but last night, it felt like we were in the dead of Summer. I've never been to such a warm night game. It was actually nice not having to worry about making sure The Lime was warm enough or keeping our blanket off the peanut shell covered ground.
We got in our seats just in time to see the A's head into their dugout. Several said "Hi!", including my personal favorite, Mark Ellis. At one point, Coco Crisp was trying to get The Lime's attention but he was focused on other things. I've made the mistake in the past, thinking the players were looking at us when they really weren't, so I didn't think Coco was interacting with The Lime. I kept turning around to see who he was talking to but nobody was there. I suppose you just need to be 8 months old and have a mohawk in order to get a player's attention.
The Lime did super duper for the most part. Around the bottom of the 5th, he got a little restless so I decided to walk around with him so he could get out the wiggles. At one point, I could feel someone walking super close behind me so I tried to move over so they could pass by. Next thing I heard was, "Oh yeah! It is Kimberly!" It was my brother-in-law, Alex. It always amazes me how two people can connect in such a large venue at the exact same time.
The Lime ended up on the big screen twice and had a fan base by the end of the game. As we were leaving, several ladies came up to us and said, "Is that the baby that was on tv?!" He's less than a year and already a ladies man. We have our work cut out for us.
The A's ended up losing 10-3. Ugh! Are we surprised? No. Disappointed? A bit. Hopeful for next year? Oh yeah!
1 comment:
This is GREAT. The mohawk is awesome!! What a stud! That is too funny running into Alex like that.
Post a Comment