I think people have an issue with posting too much information online.
Being the blogstalker that I am, I view strangers private information all the time. Creepy, eh? But if I'm doing it, who else is? They may not all be as cute and innocent as I am. Not to mention, there's just some stuff that the public doesn't need to know.
I cringe when I see the following things:
-Posting middle and last names, birthdays, specific locations of where you live, work, go to school.
-Self portraits of people kissing.
-Announcing vacations, where you're going, how long you'll be gone.
-Anything related to what goes on inside of the Temple.
-People leaving their physical address in your comments section/Facebook wall!!!!
-Mentioning anything about your sex life.
-Posting pictures of the outside/inside of your home.
-Personal information that only you, Heavenly Father and possibly your Bishop should know about.
Did you ever hear that story of the woman who posted on her Facebook that she was going out of town and came back to a ransacked house? One of her "friends" broke in while she was gone. Hence why we have a mere 77 friends. I can keep track of every.one.of.you.
Am I going private with our blog? Absolutely not. Bill the Barber can look at my blog for all I care. Just gotta be smart and safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment