Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We've Got To Pray Just To Make It Today

I remember how excited and pleased we were when The Lime folded his arms for the first time. LaVor and I aren't the best about saying prayers as often as we should, but we did it enough for The Lime to catch on.

Yesterday was a hard day for us and especially our dear friends. A great woman returned home to our Heavenly Father because her calling on earth was complete. We were able to visit with the family last night and be part of their family prayer. While everyone gathered in the kitchen, I was changing The Lime's diaper in the family room. I was secretly glad that I was alone so I could cry without anyone seeing me. The kids calmed down and the chit chat amongst the adults halted while one of the sons said the sweetest prayer. The Lime didn't catch on to what was happening until we all said, "Amen" and then he folded his arms.

Later on, I went to my sister's house to pick up her extra car that I'm borrowing while mine is being worked on. She hadn't driven her car in a while so when I went to start it, it wouldn't crank over. No problem...I'll pump the gas and try it again. Whoops! Didn't work. After about 10 minutes of trying with no success, my sister, niece and I said a prayer. We tried to start the car again and you could tell it wanted to start SO bad but it just couldn't. After 2 more attempts, it finally fired. Another prayer was said, thanking Heavenly Father for answering our first one.

We're so blessed to have a Father in Heaven that loves us, hears us and helps us especially in times of need.

No comments: