I've never been a huge George Strait fan, but when The Lime found "Amarillo by Morning" on our iPad, he fell in love.
He calls it the "yee haw!" song and thinks his GrandPop is singing. The second the song turns on, The Lime starts waving his pointer finger around, just like my dad does, to the melody. He then proceeds to yell, "BopBop! BopBop!" and points to the album cover on the screen...
Now how in the world could I miss the resemblance between George Strait and this guy?
(Sorry Lime...I just don't see it!)
But I do see something that I always wanted but never got; a relationship with my Grandpas. The Lime is so lucky to have two grandfathers that think the world of him, and vice versa. He's always been drawn to males way more than females (I'm the exception) and he has a special bond with all of the guys in his life.
After several months of being away and only seeing each other on Skype, The Lime got a nice surprise from his Papa tonight when he went out to welcome Daddy home. It took him a second to realize what was going on but they've now been outside for a half hour together, and I don't see them leaving the other one's side anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment