Let's starts months and months ago, when we found out Coldplay was coming to town for not just one, but TWO, shows! Yes...that's how much the Bay Area loves them! My sister and I figured that just doubled our chances of winning tickets from radio stations. We were always THIS close to winning but never got the golden ticket. Until her birthday, when her sweetheart gave her a ticket to the concert! She was so excited and I was so excited for her because their concerts are a real "experience"!
Fast forward to April 26, the night before the concert. My sister called me and said, "Alex isn't going to the concert with me. Want to come?" What kind of sister would I be to not accept that kind of invitation?! Of course I want to go! And so...we did.
Our seats weren't together but during the opening acts, we sat in her area and then hung out in the lobby while I charged my camera battery (which saved me!). I also saw a girl that I blog stalk, who came from out-of-state. It makes me wonder if people blog stalk me and then see me out in public?
I could write a novel about the evening but I think I'll just point out some of the highlights:
-We were given wristbands when we first walked into the concert. Very confused at first but blown away when we found out what they did.
-The guy I sat next to was alone, too, which made it awkward when people thought we were on a date.
-Thankfully he was nice and sang along with me, the entire time.
-The young boys that were sitting next to my sister asked where I was. Funny how I never had "it" when I was younger but now that I'm 28 with a 2 year old, and married, boys notice me.
-As I was driving to my sister's house, I was thinking about a song and how it would be fun to go to that band's concert. I could imagine the crowd singing this song, all in unison, and it gave me chills. It's somewhat of a spiritual experience that has often brought me to tears at concerts; everyone united, not worrying about what the person next to you believes or what their profession is or what they eat or don't eat. On the way home, my sister and I heard "that" song and sang our little hearts out.
-Coldplay is AMAZING, which wasn't a shocker. Just like the last time, I'm in love with the way Chris Martin (and the whole band for that matter) interacts with the crowd. All of them were so gracious that everyone attended the concert that night, with the economy being what it is. They're just splendid fellows!
-The drunk guys walking next to us, back to the parking garage, singing "Girl You Know It's True!"
| Taken by "the boys", after the 1st opening act. |
| They were on! Now tell us what they do! |
| Wristbands lit up like Christmas lights! Magical! |
| The show is over! Wah! Our ears were ringing like crazy! |
1 comment:
I just saw this! What an amazing night this was! I still am watching videos of the concert because it was so good and it just makes me happy!
Post a Comment