LaVor and I agreed early on that we would not be a "bed sharing with kids" couple. It's our space and The Lime can snuggle with us in the mornings but there's no sleeping kids allowed. That means that The Lime's floor has become our bed when he has a rough night. It's fine, for the most part, until we wake up the next morning with a sore neck.
LaVor was out of town this week and I hate sleeping alone, so I crashed on The Lime's floor. It seemed to happen within minutes of me falling asleep last night but he began crying, most likely from a bad dream. Despite my attempts to soothe him, he wasn't having it. So I brought him on the floor with me and we fell right back to sleep. Then I woke up at 2:00 with a face right in mine and my head off the pillow but his on. I also had a small piece of the blanket while The Lime was nice and cozy. I got an extra blanket and pillow and set up my second space right next to The Lime, only to wake up an hour later and my pillow was again no longer mine. I had to re-position The Lime numerous times throughout the night, all the while shivering because my new blanket was not as warm as my initial one.
When I woke up, The Lime was sleeping like he should - on his pillow, with his blanket, in a vertical position.
When I went to wake him up, he had made a 180 and was completely discombobulated.
And for that reason, we do not allow children in our bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment