Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Water Balloons

Two things keep us inside; heat & rain.  Last week was the rain, this week it's the heat.

But after The Lime's nap yesterday, I needed to get outside.  So we ate our popsicles on the porch and then I asked him if he wanted to play a game.  "Sure!" he said.  

I remembered I had some leftover balloons from LaVor's birthday.  I filled some up and we played catch in the front yard.  Since they were regular balloons, they only popped when they hit the grass and we were standing on the cement.  After a few rounds, I suggested we wait until LaVor got home to finish the rest.








So after dinner, we all went in the backyard and tossed the remaining balloons around.  In about a minute, they all popped and then everything went to pot.

I am very particular about getting wet.  LaVor knows that I only like to get wet when I'm supposed to (taking a shower or if I'm in a bathing suit...and that's even pushing it).  I was fully clothed, as were the boys, but last night that didn't matter.

LaVor got a hold of the hose first and we were soaked.  Then we started filling up the bowls and pouring it over each others' heads.  The neighbors must have thought we took crazy pills because that's what it was...crazy!


Our backyard has a sliding door to the kitchen and our bedroom.  Unfortunately, the door to our room was locked so I had to maneuver my way through the entire house to get towels, trying not to leave a huge mess.

It really was a lot of fun.  So much fun, we went to the store and bought real water balloons so we're sure to get wet the next time...minus the hose.

No comments: