Several years ago, I came across a website that had tons of information about my great grandmother's family. With the help of familysearch.org and findagrave.com, I was able to link several generations together. I also came across a gentleman who had lots of information about my grandfather's family. He was able to provide me with a brief history of how that family came to America and also sent me several pictures. The pictures are PRICELESS!
I've mentioned before that my Momo's parents divorced when she was about twelve years old. Her dad passed away when my oldest sister was a baby, thus leaving a "void" in our extended family. Not much was told to us about my grandfather and his family, so when I found this man (he's married to my mom's cousin) I was beyond ecstatic. In fact, I might have cried when he e-mailed me the first batch of pictures.
It was a thrill and relief to finally be able to out faces to the names I've only seen and heard about. One of which was my great grandmother. She was apparently a "cold" woman, forcing her kids to touch the hot stove in order to teach them not to touch hot things. While doing some research, I found out that her first child passed away at the age of five. I immediately burst into tears, wondering if the loss of her daughter was the reason for her attitude toward the other children. I knew then, even more than before, that this mother needed to be sealed to her daughter.
![]() |
| Great grandparents wedding photo | roughly 1904 |
The bug has definitely bit me and I have spent several nights looking up information way beyond midnight. There is something to say (actually more than one reason) for having converts as parents; not a lot of genealogy has been done. Which leaves more for me and I am absolutely fine with that.

No comments:
Post a Comment