Most people are anxious for the new year to start because of resolutions or the high hopes they have for what's ahead.
I, on the other hand, look forward to the first of the year so we can start our taxes!
All year long, I try to keep our files in order so come tax season, I have everything I need at my fingertips. I get a little excited when I go to grab something and it's right there. No shuffling or searching. Except for the paperwork from our move. I didn't know I'd be able to deduct those charges so I had to go on a hunt through old statements.
I've always done our taxes and find the process fun and simple. You really can't beat the programs they have nowadays, nor the prices.
One thing I also learned this year is that I need to keep better track of our medical expenses. I threw around the idea of deducting them last year but didn't want to mess with the hassle of adding everything up. I changed my mind this year. We had been to the doctor quite a bit (including The Lime's ER visit) and I decided to put forth the effort. It took a while to gather all the information, as I'm not sure I've received every EOB I was supposed to, but I got everything added up.
That was yesterday.
Today, I made a spreadsheet to keep track of this year's medical expenses so it'll be a little quicker this time next year.
There's just something about numbers and organization that get me going. Which is why I also love balancing the checkbook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment