Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Best

We didn't have much planned during the holidays which ended up being a good thing. We all took turns being sick before, during, and after Christmas and ended up sleeping a heck of a lot.

The Friday after Christmas was a real doozy. The Lime wasn't himself and I started getting another migraine shortly after dinner. I immediately took some medicine and went to lay down, hoping I could stop it in its tracks like on Christmas Eve. LaVor had spilled some spaghetti sauce from dinner on his new shirt so he immediately threw it in the washer. Shortly after I went to bed, we heard the most horrendous sound coming from the laundry room. Our washer was having the same kind of day as everyone else and was on the fritz. "What is that?!" I yelled from my room. By the time I poked my head out the door, LaVor was on his phone trying to figure out what it was.

Have I ever mentioned that he's the best?

He spent the rest of the night researching what it could be and taking the whole thing apart. When I woke up the next morning (with what felt like a hangover...how can people drink?!) he was just getting off the phone with the parts store. He said there were two parts he could buy; one was over $200 and the other was $15. If he was able to repair one part on his own, he'd only have to buy the $15 one.

And he did just that.

That afternoon, our washing machine was as good as new, as was everyone else.

I really do admire LaVor's talent of being able to fix anything. I don't have the patience for such things, nor does my mind even function that way. My abilities only go as far as replacing the bag on our vacuum cleaner. And that's only because there are about two steps and they include pictures.

But LaVor, he can do anything. And that's one of the many reasons why I snatched him up.


No comments: