We spent last Saturday in Lake Tahoe celebrating LaVor's cousin's wedding. Unfortunately, our car started overheating on the way there and we missed the ceremony. We got there just in time for family pictures.
They had the ceremony on the beach; the same beach, I believe, that my family went to in 1993. My dad took me out on a jet ski and we flipped over. Due to the weight difference between me and him, it took us quite a while to get back on.
As we were leaving, a firetruck and ambulance arrived on scene and The Lime had to talk to them. I need to start a collection of pictures that he takes with firemen. They are always so stinkin' sweet to him and it warms my heart. I know they're having an impact on his dream of becoming a fireman.
We had several hours between the ceremony and reception so we grabbed some lunch and then saw How to Train Your Dragon 2. We all agreed it was better than the first, and this one even tugged on the heartstrings. LaVor asked The Lime if he was crying and The Lime said, "Nope, just got something in my eye."
The home, if you could call it that, where they had the reception was AMAZING! Had I not been nursing almost the whole time, I would have captured my own photos. Especially with the darling decor and amazing details. But the house...check it out here.
Everything about the reception was enjoyable and we loved being able to see family that we don't see as often anymore.
Thankfully on the way home, our car performed as it should and, despite a bad dream and impromptu nursing stop, we arrived home safely. (There's no doubt in my mind that the hundreds of prayers I offered regarding our car were answered.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment