Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Lime - Tally Mark 60 - Part 1

Dear Freddy,

As I tucked you into bed tonight, you asked me to lay with you for a little bit.  As we snuggled, I thought back to us doing the exact same thing five years ago.  You're much bigger now, and I have a bunch more gray hairs, but it was just as special.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that you're FIVE!  This year has gone by so fast, as have the last five, and it just amazes me that we're already to this point in your life.

This next year is going to be such a fun, new, and exciting one for you!  You'll start playing baseball, you'll go to school, you'll meet so many new friends, and learn SO much!

But you've had a great year this year, too.  You became a big brother, and what a fantastic big brother you are.  Doodlebug loves you to pieces, as you do him.  You make him laugh and love playing with him, especially your guys' version of hide & seek.  You're a great helper with him but I'm still waiting for you to learn how to change diapers (not sure that'll ever happen).

Not only are you fun, kind, and helpful, but you're brave, smart, imaginative, funny, silly, tender hearted, athletic, friendly, and inquisitive.

We have a great time together and I have treasured having you by my side these five years.  I'm not quite sure I'm ready to let you go out into the big, bad world.  I know you'll do great but I'm a little selfish and want you all to myself.  You're just that fantastic!

You are going to do great things this year and I can't wait to see you learn and grow along the way.

When Daddy and I call you our baby, you ask us not to say that.  But it's true, you were our first baby and no matter how much bigger or stronger you are than me(because we all know that's going to happen), you will always be my sweet baby that made me a mom.  Thank you!  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect little boy to give me that title.

You're my best little friend and I love you so very much! Happy birthday!

Love,

Mommy




No comments: