Saturday, February 7, 2015

Fire Station!

We had some errands to run on Wednesday, and just before we reached our first destination, The Lime spotted a fire station. "Fire station!" he shouted. That's usually the case with fire stations, fire trucks, police cars, ambulances, and Flexes. He asked if we could stop and say hi. "After we're done," I said.

My matter of business literally took maybe 2 minutes so it was on to the fire station. When we pulled into the parking lot, there were two firemen in the "garage". They met us outside and I told them The Lime wants to be a fireman when he grows up so whenever I get the chance, I try and take a picture of him in front of different fire trucks. They were more than willing to let me take as many photos as I wanted. That turned into The Lime asking if he could sit in the trucks, which turned into him trying on the headset, which turned into him trying on the air tank, which turned into over an hour visit. He thought he ruled that place by the time we were done.




Once again, these particular firemen proved to me how so stinkin' nice firefighters are in general. My mom and I had a long chat with one of them, Scott was his name, and he said more than anything else, he wanted to get into this profession to help people. I can't express my gratitude to these men and women enough, for putting their lives in jeopardy to help complete strangers. They are setting a great example for The Lime and I'm so thankful for it (and them)!

No comments: