Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hardy Har Har

We had a break in the rain today and The Lime was begging us to go to the park. We spent some time on the swings when The Lime noticed a boy and his dad playing catch. I mentioned that we'd be finding out his T-ball team in the next week or so and then the conversation got funny.

The Lime: If they put me on the A's, I'm not playing. If I'm on the Giants or Seattle, I'm playing.

LaVor: You don't get to choose the team, they'll pick one for you.

The Lime: Nope, I'm going to play on Seattle.

LaVor: It doesn't work that way. What if they put you on the Purple People Eaters?

*Pause*

The Lime: Do you mean the Rockies? (Because one of their colors s purple)

I just about died laughing. We talked about the team situation a little bit more and told him when he gets big and famous, that's when he'll choose what team he plays on. Until then, he goes where they tell him.

Later on, we were driving to In N Out, discussing what we were going to order for dinner.

The Lime: Can I just get a hamburger with pickles, no cheese? I'll get cheese when I'm 6.

LaVor: Yeah, that's fine. Do you want ketchup on your hamburger?

The Lime: Yeah, I like ketchup! Can I get a soda to drink?

While the car is quiet as LaVor thinks of his answer, I heard The Lime whispering, "Please say yes! Please say yes!"

Once again, lost it. It reminded me of Brik from The Middle, when he looks down and whispers random words.

Dang he's funny! I much prefer the funny kiddo than the stinker bug kiddo I had to deal with this morning. 5 is turning out to be an enjoyable age. Can't wait to see (and hear) what the next 11 months brings.

No comments: