Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Love & Hearts


The Lime was digging in the mud on Sunday afternoon and called me out back to take a look at something. "I was digging, and I looked down, and saw this!" he said. How appropriate.

Two weeks ago, The Lime had his 6 year well check. He's still tall (which we knew) and they confirmed his ears work just fine so he's been ignoring us this whole time. His warts will go away eventually and he has a heart murmur. I wasn't worried when the nurse told me but still, it made my heart sink a little to think that something might be wrong. So they referred us to a pediatric cardiologist, where we had some tests and an ultrasound done. In the time it took me to go into the bathroom to change Doodlebug's diaper, the doctor reviewed the tests and confirmed there was nothing to worry about. The "murmur" was the sound of his blood traveling through his heart. Yippee!

Since his appointment, I've wondered if there was something wrong and the prayers we offered prior to his appointment were miraculously answered. Or if there was really nothing going on in the first place. No matter the cause, we are thankful that our sweet Lime is functioning the way he's supposed to and that Heavenly Father watches over our little family.







No comments: