A few weeks ago, LaVor had to go to his brother's house to do some stuff. He went after work and asked if we wanted to go. I went back and forth and finally decided yes, the boys and I would join him. We did what we had to do and while LaVor was finishing up, I heard the DJ on the radio announce they'd be having a contest and giving away tickets to the PBR. The Lime has loved bull riding for as long as I can remember, and with his birthday right around the corner, I knew it would be awesome to win those tickets for him.
I had to keep track of the top five songs, plus one extra, and then call in when it was time. As a veteran radio contest winner, I started calling the second the DJ got back on the air to open the phone lines. With my phone ringing and LaVor's, I knew our chances were good. Except they kept ringing and ringing and ringing (like almost five minutes). "What's taking so long?!" I exclaimed. And then the DJ picked up my line and asked me a question. I was so embarrassed that I had to have him repeat it three times (I was afraid he'd hang up on me!) but third time's the charm and we finally made the connection. I gave him the answers, he made me howl like a wolf, and the two PBR tickets were mine!
Since The Lime opened them on his birthday, he's been asking if this Saturday was the day, and then this Saturday. Finally, we arrived on THE Saturday. LaVor took him to get a new shirt and pair of jeans, and thankfully his hat still fits. I almost died of the cuteness when he walked out of his room.
Golly gee, I love him!
Much to LaVor's dismay, I needed a father/son picture before they left. Doodlebug wanted to be included, even though he was staying home with me.
Soon they were off and I began the countdown until I could hear all about their fun! In the meantime, Doodlebug and I went to Target. Whoopdee doo.
Around 10:30, I heard the garage door open and in walked The Lime, grinning from ear to ear. I have a hard time getting my boys to give me details about anything, but this is what I gathered from the night;
-They went to In-N-Out for dinner
-They saw a couple guys get smooshed by the bulls
-One of the clowns danced to my #1 hated song, "Baby, I'm Worth It"
-They sat on the second level
-It was loud
-A prayer was offered before the event started
-There were no cute girls
-The Lime liked putting his feet on the chair in front of him
-They played Dustin Lynch's new music video
I'm sure more will come out over the next few days but I'd say they had a good time. And there's already talk of Doodlebug joining them next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment