Sunday, May 15, 2016

Golden Gate Park

Every time we go to San Francisco, we try to do something new.  We didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted during this last visit, but we definitely made good use out of the time we did have.

I've been to different parts of the park but never have I seen the windmills.  As we drove up Highway 1, I could see the sails poking up above the trees.  I was so excited!


We visited the Murphy Windmill this time but I'd love to visit the Dutch Windmill, too (especially when the tulips are in full bloom!).

Up the road, we got to see the bison (from far away).  While we were there, they were all just hanging out but when we left, they were all standing.  I don't know if I've ever seen a bison in person before.  Check that one off the list.


Doodlebug was sleep deprived and had a hard time enjoying our adventure.


But once he realized he could run free, his attitude improved...a little.


Golden Gate park is filled with so much wildlife, so many plants, and flowers, I could hardly believe it! Literally every direction I turned, there was something new to see. I'm not an outdoorsy girl AT ALL but I was loving all of Heavenly Father's beautiful creations.












We took a little path up to the casting pools. I don't know what they do to the water to make it so majestic but I could have stayed there all day. It was so peaceful.


Another trail took us to the horse stables where the police department keeps their horses. I couldn't get enough of these doors. The color caught my eye and I was trying to imagine what I could do with them.


Time had run out and we had to hop back in the car to head across the bay to my sister's house. But first I had to snap a picture of The Lime and his awesome tattoos (which are almost impossible to see in the photo...whoops!).


We had a fun time exploring the park and already have a list of things we'd like to do on our next visit (lots of food)!



No comments: